Wednesday 13 August 2014

Why Rosebay Willowherb isn't...

...flowering at the Boggy Brae
It is chomped,
suspected culprits include roe deer and rabbits
and I think that most people would be glad.
I was rather looking forward to it.
It has a certain brave beauty.

I had decided (are you MAD? asked DivingDaughter) to let it flower this year and not try to pull it up as I usually do (without much success regarding its roots, I have to admit, because the seeds seem to lodge themselves into other plants' roots before developing). So much for that. Hey ho.

Chomped and regrowing by some white heather

Chomped and not regrowing
Looks as if something's been at the leaves too
exposing that wonderful redness of stalk

Chomped by the peony
which had one flower this year

No comments:

Post a Comment