Saturday 30 August 2014

The first of the autumn welly wanders

in my PJs and dressing-gown, while Toad and Toadlet snore on.

The irrepressible rose flowers on

The perennial sweet peas flower a second time

The polopody ferns on the dry stone wall make spores

Some less ripe ones

Then I looked over the wall and saw the meadow saffron (Colchicum autumnale) in flower


Its neighbouring bolete

I counted six boletes this morning

Some self-seeded ling also on the front bank under the downy birch
And more fungi various: 

a Russula, I think

a second Coprinopsis lagopus

These on an old log

Seems the roe deer are still munching on the rosebay willowherb,
preventing it from flowering

the early autumn state of some roseroot

Lungwort leaves looking good

Azalea leaves; I almost like these better than the flowers
whose scent makes me sneeze

This, of wild angelica seed, is specially for DivingDaghter

Can you see the wolf?

No comments:

Post a Comment