Thursday 14 August 2014

Wayside flowers on the road to Lochgilphead

I was delighted to see stands of Purple Loosestrife on my way to and from Lochgilphead today as they don't commonly grow near the Boggy Brae.


The A83 is a tricky road to pull over on so I'd missed a few stands of the flowers before I saw a dirt track turn off into the forest. Just as well I was in Rab the Rattler (alias "the truck") which is happy on squishy mud. Someone with a posh car wouldn't have opened this gate and turned around in here: 


But I did

A tiny part of Lochgilphead in a back lane

In the same back lane a lovely red honeysuckle

Travelling home again I had a better idea of the best places to stop so that I could get a picture of the swathes of wild angelica with purple loosestrife mixed in

Lots of marshy areas like this just off the road
absolutely full of wild angelica

Some purple loosestrife with meadowsweet

and here with more, very tall angelica

Finally a lovely tall ash tree near where I stopped.
You can just see the corner of the rattletrap bottom right.

And between travelling to and from Lochgilphead I had lunch with a friend. As the crow flies we do not live far apart, but as the roads go, following the winding coasts of sea lochs, it's a fair distance. A lovley journey between mountains and alongside beautiful lochs though. A happy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment