Friday 28 December 2018

Don't chuck stuff on the primrose plants

I'm still busy hacking the rhododendron hedge along the drive down to a manageable height. You can see some of what's left of the shrubs I've already cut near the bottom of the photo below. They will soon be green again. Rhododendron ponticum doesn't need any encouragement! I enjoyed the sunshine today while I worked.



I suddenly noticed that I was throwing logs onto some springily sprouting primrose plants. Oops! So to prevent further such depredations I stuck some sticks around the primrose area and made a bit of string with some ivy pulled out of the monster hedge to remind me to walk (and chuck) clear of the patch.





My wood pile under the oil pipe is growing. That's the neat pile, believe it or not. There are several scraggy piles dotted about where I've left branches to drop their leaves themselves. Less than two metres to go now of the monster hedge.

The sunshine was nice while it lasted but you have to make the most of the short winter sun as it slides behind the hill in early afternoon. I think we are back to cloudy tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment