Monday 17 December 2018

Christmas tree one-upmanship and preparing sprouts early

My Christmas tree is 8cm tall. Beat that! 😜 It is a cypress tree I found growing some while ago where it shouldn't so I hoiked it up and planted it in a pot. Today it occurred to me to make it into a Christmas tree. I like that the left-most holly berry seems to have a smiley face.

The sprout-ready wreath. Not that we'll be necessarily eating sprouts on Christmas Day though we do like them, especially with melted cheese and bacon. Today I learned that melted, well... softened, baked... Feta, an unfavourite cheese of mine, really does work with leeks and Puy lentils baked in crème fraîche and sprinkled with crumbled Feta and breadcrumbs*. This is also good with bacon.


* Recipe idea from Rukmini Iyer

No comments:

Post a Comment