Wednesday 5 November 2014

A cracker of a morning









I watched the sun appear over the horizon from among the whins and brambles at the top of the field. It's going to be a cracker of a day!




brambles in flower










In the shelter of the whins, brambles are still flowering, and in among the brambles the gorse flowers too.


Early morning light on brambles
Early morning light on brambles

and on a non-native oak leaf

                                                      Most of the dock looks like this >












< But some of it looks like this





And the bracken looks like this in the morning light. It is the golding glory of the hills in autumn and their greening glory in spring.

At the south-east fence of the Boggy Brae garden looking down towards the loch







<< here I'm back at the south-east border of the Boggy Brae garden looking down towards the loch and I look back east to the rising sun >>>








before I scissor-step over the fence.



A new crop of Glistening Inkcap mushrooms on the old rowan





On my wander down the Boggy Brae, I notice a new crop of Glistening Inkcap mushrooms on the old rowan,







rain pock marked wood ash





rain pock-marked wood ash from some garden bonfires,



and the crack patterns on an old birch stump at the same bonfire site.

take care with secateurs



I will take care with the secateurs today. Yesterday, while snipping rhododendron to feed to a small bonfire, my left hand got in the way and got slightly snipped. It's a very neat V-shaped cut. It'll be fine–one of those serves me right injuries!

Now I'm off out to begin my "dead hedge" building. More of that anon.

Have good day! It's a cracker of a day here.


No comments:

Post a Comment