Tuesday 6 May 2014

Self-seeded bluebells, lungwort and roseroot, with chiffchaff calls for company

There weren't any bluebells here last year, quite close to the archery boss

nor here

So, as you see, I've erected "Do Not Mow Here" signs with, ahem, noticeable scraps to protect the low in the grass plants so they'll thrive next year too:

This way I won't have to go tearing after Toad when he gets the mower out I ask him to mow the rough stuff for me. But for ME payback, that can be a bit flooring, I'd do it myself. I learned the hard way that it's not a good idea.

Three more small groups of bluebells have seeded themselves under bushes, so they'll be fine.

While I tied my scraps a chiffchaff, somewhere in this shrubbery, kept me company. I saw it a few times but not close enough to photograph


Looking north-west from the top of the garden
Meanwhile, down nearer the house, I saw that the lungwort I accidentally scythed a few weeks ago has revived enough to produce two flowers, with a couple more on the way



and the roseroot near it is progressing
Hello, ant

The starlings nesting in the roof have hatched



No comments:

Post a Comment