Friday 17 January 2014

Triteleia, perennial sweet pea, and the irrepressible rose

After doing some more eucalyptus shredding and stick piling, I wandered around looking for early signs of spring. People are talking of snowdrops and primulas. Our wild snowdrops and primroses are still keeping their heads down for now. I've still only found one very sheltered clump of snowdrop shoots in the north-west shade of the terrace dry stone wall. I found a few other spring plant signs though and a lot of roe deer spoor.

Triteleia shoots showing

New Hard Fern (Blechnum spicant) on the front bank

A cypress tree on the front bank. I'll have to dig this up.

New moss (Polytrichum formosum) among the old. Also on the front bank.


The first sweet pea shoots (Lathyrus latifolius) by the dry stone wall.

The irrepressible rose growing out of a fern stump

Toadlet's old bench

And I enjoyed the cold, diffused, afternoon light on the loch through the trees



No comments:

Post a Comment