Sunday 13 January 2019

Sweeping the drive

I use a hoe as well as a broom when sweeping our drive. Under the rhododendron hedge, the part I haven't tackled yet other than to prevent it taking over the drive entirely, wild raspberry canes thrive. They are very difficult to pull out of the crack between the tarmac and the kerbstones so I just hack them. Apart from soggy leaves, a good deal of what I was hacking, scraping and sweeping up yesterday was birch twigs that have blown off the big birch during recent windy days and nights. 

I wheel the leaves up to feed Toad's blueberry bush. It produced a few more berries last year. Deer eat most of them and do quite a lot of twig 'pruning'. Despite this the bush is getting larger. It looks as if the deer also use the bush for scratching.




Drive sweeping and blueberry bush feeding required a two hour nap afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment