Thursday 21 July 2016

A rose and a thistle patch


Two forms of the den rose. It has mildew as usual but it doesn't seem to care.


Toad thinks letting some marsh thistles flower and seed is a good idea. I'm not so sure, though I do like them so long as they leave me alone! We have decided to try and limit them to about two square metres near his dinghy. My brain's going: "Limit marsh thistles?! Ha!"


The devil's-bit scabious is going to flower while I'm away and most of the wild angelica does not seem to be flowering this year. I want it to spread so I'm letting it do its thing around the flag iris patch. Toad is happy about that because it means he doesn't have to mow down there. He will be here while I'm at my mum's. Toadlet, meanwhile, is off to the US to have fun with a bunch of cousins.


I am liking this plantain head.

2 comments: