Saturday 25 July 2015

A dry day at last

Today dawned summery. We haven't had many like that this summer so it was lovely to wake up to it today. I decided to do some scything on the front bank, rough cutting of tall rushes and tall grass. I talk only to frogs when I'm scything. Don't worry, they are under sweep of the scythe balde and when I see them I pause and tell them to shift. They obligingly do, usually. There was a reluctant one today who only shifted when I went to pick him up. This was my view to the north while scything.


<<< To the west

also west
south


and up The Slope. Toad has mowed most of that since I took the picture. I made sure he left a triangle of long grass around my Whorled Caraway plants.









Down in the Boat Bog, the buddleia is now flowering, the last dog roses also, and the seed heads of my Libertia grandiflora.


Seed heads of Libertia grandiflora
which is leaning against some sallow branches for support


I discovered today that roe deer chomp as yet unopened flowerheads of Devil's Bit Scabious. Fortunately there are still some left.


No comments:

Post a Comment