Thursday 12 December 2013

The start of a woodpile

The bent climbing frame makes quite a good saw horse for the long branches



Jacket comes off fairly soon because it's a mild day and sawing is warming work


The pile begins across some other old logs 


I get distracted by the mosses nearby. This is a Tamarisk moss – Thuidium delicatulum, I think, rather than the more common Thuidium tamariscinum/Common Tamarisk Moss. The brown bits are cypress leaves from a nearby tree.


Winter grass and some ash bark


Ash nobbles in decaying wood


Then the rain started so I came in. An hour is enough if I'm not to cause too much horrible payback later. The pile will soon grow if I do a little sawing most days. I always was a slowly but surely sort of person anyway, just didn't have to go quite so slowly in the past ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment