Friday 27 December 2013

Kitchen drawers and baby Christmas trees

Decided to clean out a kitchen drawer today – my 'lid, bottle-stopper, and plug-hole thingummies' drawer, which also contained a couple of those microwavable cherry stone or wheat berry heat bags. I've chucked those out because they are perfumed and so never use them. I could cope with the smell of hot cherry stones or hot dried wheat.

Anyway, the thing is, even after a good chuck-outery, I've still got quite a divers collection of lids and bottle-stoppers. Writing this I've realised the wine bottle stoppers can go in that drawer too. I'll have an organised kitchen one day...

Click pics to enlarge
And I love corks. Those are some of my temari needles in one of them. I suppose I could make a needle case...

It's all about balance ;-)
Also went up the hill a bit with DivingDaughter and did some moss-gathering. So far have identified Sphagnum inundatum and Dicranum majus. There are more.

And here's a pic of one of the old spruces that has fallen over the burn with baby Christmas trees growing out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment