Friday 16 December 2016

Painting the kitchen walls

The south-west wall of the kitchen used to look like this →
Now it looks like this ↓


There's another coat of paint to go on that length of skirting board and then that section is finished except for putting it back together, so to speak.
The dolphin blackboard, which is trademarked "Booth Design Workshop 1990" (no relation as far as I'm aware) will go back and so will the barometer that's underneath it in the picture. I wanted to get a new "Until Dawn" curtain by Tord Boontje until I looked at the price. I have some leftover bits but not enough white so will experiment with some that is black on the room-facing side and put it right back against the window. Summer afternoon sun through that window can be quite intense so it might work.


In this pic ←, taken in what counts as daylight on a rainy day in December, you can see the wall irregularity. The vertical ridge is there because there used to be a wall dividing off that end of the room. The high recessed window was for a tiny maid's room, apparently, that only had enough space for a bunk, a tiny bit of floor space and, presumably, some storage under the bunk for her few possessions.



Having already done the south-east wall (above and left), I suppose it could be said I've done a quarter, except that westwards of the dolphin's spot it gets a bit complicated!
west corner


I think I'll start on the north-east wall from the east corner before I get to the complicated bits!
east corner

No comments:

Post a Comment