Thursday 25 August 2016

Making, cooking, looking

Yesterday I made
<<< this, with the help of instructions creatively translated from Chinese (well done, whoever! it's not as if I could do it t'other way!) and a YouTube video by MO3MINI...

...into this,
a necessity because what with the lawnmower Toad uses conking out and being now at the menders, and scything not being suitable for some places, I need a tool with more power. It has a blade as well for stuff the strimmer wire can't deal with. I haven't used it yet because the single shoulder strap isn't enough and we need 2-stroke oil. Toad offered to pick some up today.

While the tool assembly was going on
<<< this bowl of egg whites, having been made into meringue, was cooking in a slow oven.


And very nice they were too for afternoon tea.
It's always good to have an excuse to eat thick cream ;)

The yolks, by the way, had gone into a cabbage carbonara sauce the day before.

Meanwhile in the garden, apart from a lot of lush grass, late summer flowers are blossoming and, in the case of wild angelica, being taken advantage of by Sphlex maxillosus wasps. I think that' what they are anyway.







Irrepressible Rose is doing what it does best after being chewed down to the ground earlier in the year. I hope it will flower next year. I'm going to try and tie it on the inside of its trellis to see if that keeps the deer off it. Some chicken wire might also be deployed.







Oh, and I made a pie with my benchmark pastry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment