Tuesday 30 August 2016

Pan lid toad

There is an old pan lid on the ground outside the Boggy Brae kitchen window. I put it there to cover the kitchen drain vent to prevent the drain from getting clogged with weeds and grass. I think it is the vent for an additional drain that was added to the house when the kitchen was... what is the expression?... re-modelled some twenty or more years ago. Before that all drainage from the house went a different way and still does.

Yesterday I lifted the lid to check the drain, which I do from time to time, and found a toad.
It was there all day. I took the photograph in the failing evening light. This morning toad has moved on.

Elsewhere in the garden I was enjoying some pinks.
the 'fairy' fuchsia

And here is this morning's north-east sky:


No comments:

Post a Comment