Saturday 20 February 2016

Oasis blankets

I am back home after the best part of a week with DerbyshireDaughter and family. That's her between the two behatted toerags, my grandsons. Toadlet is behind. I'm not allowed to go visit her nephews without her.

DerbyshireDaughter taught me how to do "mattress stitch" to join sections of garter-stitch knitting. We put together two blankets from sections knitted by the Garelochhead Oasis knitters.

Click on the photos to 'embiggen'* them.
[*made up word]


The sorting.

Blanket 1 completed


I edged it with a double row of crochet and
DerbyshireDaughter ingeniously reinforced a couple of weak spots with crochet flowers. We did the same for blanket 2. I made the 'rusty' flower–my first attempt!


Blanket 2


DD edged this one with blue and green



We think the crochet edgings 'bring theblankets together'. I really like these blankets and hope the knitters do too when I show them on Monday. I'd use either of these in a child's cot or on a pushchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment