Wednesday 27 January 2016

Garelochhead Oasis production line

The blanket knitted almost entirely by 'GR', is now finished. Slightly fuzzy photo but you can see the colour arrangement. GR kept saying while she was knitting the strips that she wasn't sure the colours would 'go'. I kept saying: "It'll be fine". When she had finished and I had sewn the strips together and crocheted a border, she took the blanket home to show to her home helps and other people. The next time she saw me she told me everyone thought it was fabulous. It'll go into a sale of work at the Oasis in the spring.

Along with the hat knitted by 'GE':

mutlicoloured tassle hat

I have begun to sort through some of the strips knitted by 'M1'. I think there will be two or three small blankets for the sale out of her production line!




And then there's this lot:

DerbyshireDaughter has said she'll help me sew pieces together and crochet borders on my next visit in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment