Friday 27 March 2015

Spring things

Chrysosplenium oppositifolia/Opposite-leaved Golden Saxifrage

Near the pond and carpeting the ground in the copse is the spring gold of Opposite-leaved Golden Saxifrage (Chrysosplenium oppositifolia).

Daisy
Near the drive where I was clearing some dead fern and pulling dead wood out of a rhododendron bush, I found a toad frog. I apologised for disturbing him and re-covered him with his moss blanket.


<< Now you see him;

now you don't.
Bullfinch in plum tree


Bullfinches come quite regularly to eat the buds of the wild plum tree and today I saw the first Boggy Brae butterfly of the year.

Peacock butterfly

Hawthorn budburst

A young hawthorn tree in the hedge has burst its buds and I took the picture below just for the colours.

Rhododendron ponticum
flower shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment