Monday 1 December 2014

Thimbly and toady mycology on my birthday

In search of a birthday present for me, Toad and Toadlet found themselves in the haberdashery part of a department store. Toadlet was intrigued by the word. What could it mean?

They found out and also found me some "heavy duty" fabric scissors. Fiskars have added some extra leverage to scissors, it seems, doubling their cutting power–great for cutting through several layers of fabric. I shall enjoy using them.






Scissors also turned up on one of my birthday cards. My friends know me well!





The mycological theme (see wrapping paper above) repeated itself in a thimble









and in a froggy, or could it be a toady, ornament?




Roses too:


What with newsy letters, cards and greetings from friends and family far and wide, I had a most enjoyable day. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment