Wednesday 23 April 2014

Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park

To avoid close of business traffic across the Erskine Bridge, I headed early to Largs Archery Club yesterday, where I am going for some coaching and mentoring in my attempt to become an ArcheryGB Level 1 coach myself, taking the single track (with passing places) Old Largs Road across Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park so that I can do a little exploring on the way.

 Stopped at a little car park by Outerwards Reservoir to eat my sandwiches and went for a wee wander. There was a Dipper on the rocks top left of this photo but he bobbed away.


Outerwards Reservoir

A neatly made small weir above the reser. The stream is called Noddsdale Water.

An old gate post and newish stile

The bridge over Noddsdale Water, mended and "upgraded". The line of grasses and ferns marks its old top edge

Solid sandbag support underneath and some last year's seed heads

The wind was quite strong so I didn't manage to get a clear picture of the new larch cones but you can see them growing here


And, across the way, lots of young oaks with lots of oak apples, or galls

I spotted some more places to explore for next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment