Thursday 6 March 2014

That drain I dug

Where the moss grows here is constantly drippy – natural hill drainage.
The back garden is all above the top of this wall and the companionway steps

So I dug a drain along the bottom of the holding wall, around the corner and behind the eucalyptus wood pile,

made a hole between the terrace wall (I might knock some of this down when I'm in a sledgehammer swinging mood; some of it props up the den rose though) and carried on the drain

 down the hill

The drain seems to be doing a good job.
There is no moat (place to wash your wellies) at the back door

and the runnel along the front of the wash-house is relatively dry
– almost permanently damp counts as 'relatively dry' in Argyll ;-)














You can see from these pics that the back terrace is, technically, gravelled. All the mud has seeped down the garden over the years. It needs digging out and re-gravelling. Got my work cut out for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment