Saturday 13 July 2013

The development of a cloud hole at sunrise

This morning I woke before sunrise and looked out on an interesting sky. I was looking north-east and the clouds were scudding by quite fast from the north-west. Experimentally switching between two cameras, I took a series of photographs while a cloud hole developed. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a punch hole, but whatever it is called it certainly qualified on the waking-up fun side of life. The photos are clickable for a bigger view.

First the photos taken with my Panasonic Lumix GX1 with this lens:


P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6


Skimmed up to look at some higher clouds too at this point, enjoying the variety of cloud and colour

P7


P8

P9

P10


P11

P12

P13

P14


The following series taken with my Nikon D50 with Toad's standard Nikon lens AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED and lens hood:


N1

N2

N3


zoom in...
N4


zoom out
N5


zoom in
N6





No comments:

Post a Comment