Sunday 14 October 2018

Fungi were few

Fungal finds were few this morning on my woodland welly wander, though I did spot a brown birch bolete masquerading as a hot cross bun and some toodler-sized jelly babies.


I also found a small but deep paddling pool fed by its own small waterfall and with plenty of scope for exploration near it. I've 'bookmarked' the place in my mind, for the benefit of visiting grandsons in due course, as 'directly above the larches' that grow at the bottom of the field below the wood. The larches are still very green. I love their late autumn colour change.


I thought the line of stones looked almost as if there had been an ancient wall there. At the lip of the pool the water was well over my feet. In the centre the water would have come over the tops of my wellies.


No comments:

Post a Comment