Tuesday 7 June 2016

Some pinks, some blues & a titanium spork



The woodshed rose has begun to flower and the little pink garden geraniums have done very well this year so I put some in a vase with some alkanet.


Right at the back door was a stalk of Tufted Forget-me-not (Myosotis caespitosa). I checked some details on this little YouTube video. BotanyBill, whose video it is, seems to call it Myosotis laxa and there is also a Myosotis laxa subsp. caespitosa. Result: confusion on the Boggy Brae! I think I'll just stick with Tufted or Small-flowered Forget-me-not.

Meanwhile, in other news, I discovered recently that one shouldn't use a LightMyFire titanium spork on Royal Evesham porcelain. It leaves marks that don't wash off. I realise not many people take Royal Evesham porcelain on hikes and camping trips! We have three sporks from cub scouting days and we still use them at home a fair bit. The other two, being plastic, are suitable for use with your best china!




No comments:

Post a Comment