Tuesday 20 October 2015

A walk up the hill

I went for a walk up the hill the other day and this is what I saw.

 



<< Collected these and we ate them with macaroni cheese.


Lots of these. I think they are Russula ochroleuca (Ochre Brittlegill).
Edible apparently. In the woods, slugs eat them.
There were lots of other Russulas too such as these two below.



Russula under beech



The plan was to get up to the Sentinel Tree. I didn't think there was a way through here >>

So I carried on looking at mushrooms.



Picked up some litter that some picnicking slob had left behind long ago :(




Why do people do that?






<< Didn't think I'd get through to the Sentinel Tree that way either.










This one is an Amanita though not sure which one. 






Gave up trying to reach the Sentinel Tree but I'll get there one day. I sat down under the beech tree where I found these and listened to the water  in the burn for a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment