Sunday 24 November 2013

Adiabatic... er no... advection fog

Well, Toad calls it adiabatic; I just call it sea fog. Why use a word with nine letters when one with three will do? ;-) Did some googling and discovered it's probably advection fog – i.e. sea fog like wot I said.

I didn't wake until daylight today, which is unusual, so I had to get the camera out before my coffee and flapjack to catch this morning's sky excitement – intense colours across my horizons before the sea fog, which wasn't going to skirt round us today, obliterated the loch.



The fog starts to roll up the loch; I enjoyed the wee pink reflection first though.



East


South-east

NE

NNE

North
And the eider ducks had a lot to say about this. At least, they kept up their contact noises all the while. Where are you? I can't see you. I'm over here. Where. Right beside you.
It all sounds like O-ooo, so I did the translation for you.

I was awake for a few minutes at about four o'clock this morning and heard tawny owls very close too.

Later same day:

Camera on funny setting but I quite like the effect (in small doses)




The boat is an MOD Police boat

I liked the wake on the water. Small things :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment