Thursday 12 September 2013

A walk in the rain

Aspirin and decongestant failed to shift a headache so I went for a walk in the rain, shielding the camera under my jacket. In most cases I bent over the camera while taking shots. I had to use the flash in the low light in any case. I'm pleased with the results, especially as aspects of my new camera continue to baffle me. (Encouragingly, even Toad, who has several hundred per cent more knowledge of photography than I do, found the same things baffling). I've sussed something now at least!

The photos can be enlarged by clicking on them


one of the compost heap dahlias

flowering currant leaves






absolutely masses of these under goat willow
on a base of dea and rotting spiraea stems


cup lichen on side of ash log

new yew shoots – roe deer nibble at it so it keeps regrowing

dog lichen and mosses at the base of a bird cherry trunk


fading bird cherry leaves on the same trunk

No comments:

Post a Comment